Friday, April 6, 2012

Lunch at Riverford Field Kitchen at last!

I have wanted to visit Riverford Field Kitchen  http://www.riverford.co.uk/ near Totnes in Devon, ever since I saw an article about it in some Permaculture magazine or other many moons ago. The Restaurant uses food from its own organic farm and the set menu is made up of organic fruits, vegetables and meats available on the day.

On arrival guests are seated informally at large tables and there is the opportunity to strike up conversations with like minded people you haven't met before. The set menu is written on a blackboard for all to see and there is a vegetarian option available.  I had a couple of delicious organic beers with my meal.

All the dishes are brought to the table freshly cooked and guests help themselves. There was plenty to go round and everything was absolutely delicious.



I would love to do something similar at Dory's one day.  We could grow our own vegetables in raised beds outside the cafe and irrigate it with water from a tank attached to the guttering. Organic chicken, eggs and goats milk/cheese from the farm down the road (resurrected); Graham's desicated coconut, coconut  milk and cream; locally caught fish, salts and other produce from Home Island. I can see it all now....!  I can feel a grant application coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment